Celebrate World Snow Day at Alberta’s newest Biosphere, designated on March 16, 2016 by UNESCO. The Beaver Hills BioBlitz is presented in partnership with the Beaver Hills Initiative, the Alberta Chapter of The Wildlife Society, Alberta Parks, Nature Kids - Nature Alberta, Solstice Canada, and Friends of Elk Island National Park.
- S’mores and hot chocolate
- Start a spark with flint and steel
- Meet amphibians
- Lean about Beaver Hills and Canada 150
- Check out wildlife displays including gear, furs and skulls
- Tracking wildlife
Special presentations by biologists
- Wildlife Habitat, Dave Stepnisky
- Wildlife Cameras, Dragmoir Vujnovic
- Beavers, Dr. Glynnis Hood
- Explore Winter, Brian Eaton and Ian Brussels
- Meet an Owl, Gord Court
- Wildlife Aches and Pains, Margo Pybus
Regular trail pass and equipment rental fees are in effect. Event activities are free.
Activity schedule located here.
Dee Patriquin, Ph.D., P.Biol., R.P. Biol.
Sr. Environmental Scientist
Solstice Canada Corp.